I can not believe I turned 25 on Sunday!! Thank you all for the kind comments and birthday wishes!!! This is going to be a really big year for me and I am so excited for it!! I have always loved my birthday (YAY for July birthdays)!!! They are the best…. when I was younger, I never had school on my birthday and as I get older, I always take the day off work if it is during the week:) I just make sure I get a me day!!
I wanted to switch things up a bit and share a little about myself with you!! I love, love, love you all and all of your support! But, aside from pretty dresses, home decor, and traveling, there is so much behind the blogging scenes that makes me who I am!!
1. I have naturally curly hair. I rarely wear it that way, unless I’m on vacation and don’t want to spend the time doing my hair.
2. Nail Polish is my favorite accessory. I literally haven’t had my finger nails unpolished in 3 years.
3. I am a cat lover<3
4. I have been to 8 countries (including the US) and have so many more on my bucket list!!
5. I used to be the BIGGEST tom boy in 4th and 5th grade. I would seriously wear basketball shorts and tshirts every day (yikes!!!)
6. I bruise really easily and usually have bruises all over my arms and legs. The struggle is real.
7. I LOVE live music, it is good for my soul.
8. I am the youngest child in my family. I have 2 older sisters and my parents are the BEST people I know!!!
9. I am a huge planner!! I like to stay organized and always plan things out beforehand!! (I think part of it is my my anxiety!! haha)
10. I LOVE sports!! Football (esp college), Baseball, and Hockey are my favorites to watch!! I also LOVE the March Madness time of year! **I root for – Chicago Cubs, Chicago Blackhawks, Alabama Football (Roll Tide), Chicago Bears, and University of Illinois
11. I am not a morning person! I need a good 15 minutes to come to senses with the reality of getting out of bed and then COFFEE!!:)
12. I love being outdoors so much!!
13. I have had the same best girlfriends since grade school. They are more like family and I wouldn’t be who I am today without their constant love and support!!
14. I am legit afraid of the dark!! And hate being home alone after dark!
15. Drink champagne and dance on tables – pretty much my life motto!!
16. I played basketball throughout my childhood and in High School my team won the Illinois State Championship!! A weekend I will never forget!!
17. I am addicted to frosted sugar cookies from Cyd’s.
18. Gossip Girl is my all time favorite tv show!!
19. I don’t do my hair or wear makeup EVER for work!! It’s the beauty of working in surgery and wearing a hair cap and mask all day!
20. I am a water snob and used to only drink Aquafina water. Now I have matured a little, but I still hate spring water like Ice Mountain!
21. I was also a cheerleader in high school! Cheering football games is one of my favorite memories!!!
22. I don’t watch much TV but if I do it is usually The Bachelor/Bachelorette!! I’ve watched it with my Mom since I was little! I also love HGTV, Fixer Upper & House Hunters!!
23. I am super sensitive and usually don’t take criticism well
24. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a Mom! Looking forward to the day that I become one:)
25. I constantly twirl my hair!! I don’t even realize I am doing it until someone points it out to me.
Q & A
*What is your favorite healthy snack?
Fruit is my go to!! Apples, Watermelon, Grapes, etc. Especially in the summer because it is so refreshing!!
*What is your favorite thing to do with Matt in your free time?
Matt and I are pretty simple! We like to be outside or go for walks. We LOVE to travel! and we also love going to dinner with friends or out for ice cream.
*How do you curl your hair?
I curl my hair with a curling iron that I turn upside down like a wand. It is super thick so I split it into 3 groups starting with the bottom. I can share a video on here or Instagram stories if that is something you girls would like?!!:)
*Where is your favorite place to travel?
This is a tough one!!! I love love love Nashville!! I also love going to Lake of the Ozarks in the summer. But, by far Venice, Italy has been the most beautiful city to explore!!!
*What is your favorite hobby outside blogging?
If you include shopping and decorating my home a part of blogging, then I’d have to say hanging out with friends and family and watching sports!!!
*Where is your favorite place to shop?
I have so many favorites! I love Nordstrom because they have so many great brands and products, plus we don’t have one in Peoria so the shipping and return policies are key!! I also shop at Target, Loft, and Asos tons!! For home décor, I love Wayfair, Target, Joss & Main, and Pottery Barn!!
Thank you all again for the birthday wishes!!!! Hope you learned something you didn’t know about me!! I love connecting with all of you in so many different ways!!<3
Photos by: Schilling Photography
Location: Trailside Event Center